Escape. Get away from the daily hassle.
Go to where you want to be: the river, the mountain, the rally.
Inhabit a space that’s comfortable, easy. Stay an extra day.
Bring a friend, there’s room for two.
The Sturgis is a 21.5'x8.5' studio suite. A roomy retreat with everything you need for a relaxing stay, whether it’s your weekend in the country, or a guest given their own space: a spa-like bathroom with outdoor shower, full kitchen with induction cooktop, fridge and deep sink. A full-size West Elm modular sofa (no box with a cushion pretending to be a couch), and a queen-size bed that appears magically from the ceiling.
The Sturgis’s secret power is its raised “obsession space:” the first four feet of the unit, built with a reinforced-steel and garapa floor and its own massive remote-controlled gullwing door, that can be configured to hold whatever you can’t live without. Imagine a motorcycle garage with a robotic ramp and a switchable glass gallery window to the main space; a pair of mountain bikes with built-in repair stand; a walk-in closet; a climate-controlled cellar for your wine collection.
The Sturgis is an already built unit that is 95% complete with a number of remaining options and configurations to customize it to your needs.
It can be ready for delivery in 2-4 weeks.
- 21’x8’ interior with 4’x8’ configurable bonus space and 4’x8’ wet spa bath
- CLT construction: Walls, ceiling: 5-ply Douglas Fir, 3.25”; floor, 3-Ply Douglas fir, 2”
- Marvin Integrity pure Ultrex windows; double-pane; including 6’x7’ picture window; three awnings, two casements
- Marvin Integrity Ultrex oversize door
- Shou sugi ban hand-brushed cypress siding over rainscreen
- Transformable Trailer foundation; hot-dipped galvanized; two removeable 7,000lb torsion axles, removable hitch; insulated and sealed undercarriage
- Fiberglass roof over EPS insulation; galvanized curbs
- Custom garapa and galvanized steel awning
- Hand-scraped solid white-oak flooring
- Reclaimed white oak and garapa trim
- Whitewashed CLT walls and ceiling
- 50- or 100-amp electrical, third-party inspected
- Electrical input for standard residential line, RV-style SmartPlug or both
- Verve programmable wireless light switches and control hub
- LED lighting throughout
- Choice of final plumbing: residential sewer or septic, or tanked
- Tankless water heater, choice of electric or propane
Garapa flooring and trim
9’ x 3' remote-control gullwing door
- Reinforced steel subfloor with three in-floor storage compartments
- Solid walnut cabinet doors and drawers on ¾” maple plywood carcasses, Blum soft close hardware
- Smart LED toe-kick lighting
- 2” thick solid walnut open shelving
- 7’ of maple upper cabinets
- 1.5” side-grain maple butcher block countertop
- 11” deep Kraus sink, Kraus faucet
- Fisher & Paykel two-burner induction cooktop
- Summit 24” under-counter refrigerator and freezer
- Sant Agostino Blendart ceramic tile, gray
- Cypress ceiling
- Garapa trim
- ½” tempered frosted glass wall and sliding door, stainless steel hardware
- Kohler dual flush toilet
- ALFI stainless 12” rain shower head and fixtures; removable shower head for outdoor shower
- RapidDeck modular decking: any size or shape deck around the unit
- RapidDeck roof deck, including removable stainless steel railing system
- Entertainment package, including LCD panel or projector, AppleTV, wireless speakers
- Connectivity package, including optional broadband wireless router
- Security package, including wi-fi cameras and motion sensors
- Remote management package, including smartphone climate and lighting control
- Custom downspouts, including optional rainwater collection
- Renewable energy package, including Cubist Mobile Solar Unit
Starting at $99,000; contact us to discuss pricing on remaining options.
It feels so spacious
By hiding the bed in the ceiling and using a half-inch frosted glass wall to the spa bath—not to mention abundant windows—we've given the Sturgis an open floor plan that makes its 170 square feet feel much bigger.
bring along your favorite toy
The Sturgis gets its name from the bonus space that can be configured for whatever you need with you when you get away. Like, say, your classic Moto Guzzi, with a robotic loading ramp, that you can stare at through your gallery window.